Monday, April 18, 2011

Sometimes, It's Tough Being Misunderstood

Last night my family was sitting in the living room when my mom suddenly looked around and said "Where's Tyler?" She then frowned and said, "Oh yeah." Tyler is in Spain, and has been for four months now.

My older brother, Kyle then said "Yeah, well don't feel so bad. Dad still calls me Tyler all the time." It's true. "Actually, it's really funny," Kyle said, "Some people call me Tyler who don't even know I have a brother."

"That happens to me too!" I said, "Only they call me Laura without even knowing my mom's name is Laura." My mom then agreed that the same thing happens to her occasionally as well. It's really a strange phenomenon.

Then my dad, clearly feeling left out, slapped his knees and, obviously exasperated, said, "Yeah! And nobody ever calls me Stud, and...I am one!"

Poor, poor Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews