Friday, March 18, 2011

Ode to the End of Winter

The temperature sign at Walgreens showed 46 degrees today. This might just be one of the warmest days we've had so far this year. People are wearing T-shirts and sunglasses. You'd think it was summer. Plus, as of last weekend, I can now see the ground again. Aside from a few giant snow piles that still take up a good chunk of the parking lots, the snow has pretty much melted. It's enough to make my heart sing. I kind of forgot what grass looks like. Now that I've written this, it will probably snow a foot tonight, but I'm being optimistic. In my timid celebration that winter just might be closing in, I'm posting a few of the winter pictures I've taken this semester.







My poor, poor bicycle:





Please note: This is the inside of my window when it was -25 outside. The inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews